The Scrapstore PlayPod is a holistic process (lasting approximately 6 months) that works with the entire school community to change both the human and physical play environment transforming play at lunchtimes. The process involves:
Training and mentoring
- Nationally endorsed level 2 playwork training course for lunchtime supervisors and people who work with children and young people
- Mentoring support at lunchtimes from professional playworkers
Consultancy and support
- A play audit detailing baseline assessment, initial impact and recommendations for the future.
- Awareness raising programmes working with key stakeholders including governors, teaching staff, parents and children
- Regular information sharing and support meetings with the head teacher throughout the process
- Guidance and support on risk benefit assessments for the play space
- Set up, mid-point and exit interview meetings
Materials and resources
- Sourcing and scheduling appropriate scrap suitable for children’s play
- Scrap refill contract including six deliveries within the first year with seasonal scrap rotation. (Contract to be renewed on an annual basis)
- Regular lunchtime newsletters with information and advice specific to supporting play at lunchtimes
Purpose built structure
- Provision of a suitable structure for your playground including a choice between metal and wooden constructions of various dimensions. Guaranteed for the first year.
We recognise that each school is unique. And our skilled team of play professionals will work alongside you to enable a smooth transition to vibrant and dynamic playtimes.